Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Keep busy...

Keeping busy keeps me sane. Let me explain...I mean with self involving activities. Walking outside, reading, working toward something, being a MOM...all of those things make me feel alive.
You know when you were in school and the teacher would ask you what your fave hobby was? I never knew mine...I never did anything for pure fun, or anything that made me feel passion. I have decided that being a mom is my hobby, and always had been ( ask my besties). I love my kids. I love changing diapers and taking the kids to the park. I love teaching them about life. I love the looks on their face when they see something for the first time. I am living my hobby.
I still feel incomplete though...thanks tho the world.
I wonder if we have all made this "life" business too unreal. Like we all have such plans and orders to everything. It was unheard of when I went from the university student life, only to transfer to the community college my second year. No one understood why I would "back track". Simple: I had NO idea what I wanted to do. All I wanted to do was be a mom...that's all I've ever wanted to do. Here I am, 9 years and 3 kids later...and I still am searching for what I want to "do with my life". Accounting? Law enforcement? Teacher? Fire fighter? Counselor for DV and CDV (Child) survivors? I mean really...those are my top picks and none of them have anything to do with the other, except for helping people. I love people. I want to stand for everything that is right in this world. I want to make a difference. The sad part is that most of the money would be in accounting or counseling, but I wouldn't be reaching the amount of people I could in the other careers. I only want to make money so I can start helping others to better their lives. I want to help people like they've helped me. I want to help those young women who are left to take care of their child on their own...or the DV survivors who end up homeless due to fleeing from a dangerous situation (they should be rewarded for leaving...not condemned). I just want to hurry and finish school so that I can finally start to help others. Raising my kids obviously counts as doing something, but the world has led us mothers to believe that our job is insignificant.
Being a mom is so hard,but it is also SO very important. We are totally doing something with our lives...we're raising the future.

"The hand that rocks the cradle, is the hand that rules the world."

Seriously. In the room next to me lies 3 lives that I'm in charge of. I'm in charge of laying a solid foundation for these humans to be able to live their lives to the fullest. I hope they are happy. Above all else, I hope they love life and live it to the max potential. I want them to have deep and meaningful HEALTHY relationships. I want them to stand for what is right. I want them to find their passion in life and enjoy every single day. I don't ever want them to feel the low points I have in my life.
So here's my point (kids), whether you go to college and do the "norm", become a parent, or if you end up working at a coffee shop for the rest of your life...I hope you are happy and doing what you love. I don't want you to feel pressured to have a hobby like collecting rocks or collecting baseball cards. If you want to be a garbageman, go for it. If you want to be a mom or dad, do it. If you want to travel and swim with turtles, or climb mountains, do it all...and take pics for your momma (or bring me along ;) ). Just be happy. Stay busy...because a life on idle is nothing. There is no time to waste...nor to settle. If you enjoy reading books inside during a rain storm while drinking tea, then do it. Please. Don't feel the world's pressure of always being on the go. Be yourself. Be content...but most of all, feel satisfied that what you're doing is fulfilling in every aspect of your life.

"There are no small jobs or tasks, only small minded people."

You've got this...be happy and LIVE. I love you, my 3 little munckins. My L'ÉTÉ.

No comments:

Post a Comment